Let’s be honest: the holidays are stressful.
I’ve tried to avoid it, but unfortunately it seems like a byproduct of the season between fitting in Christmas parties, trying to keep to a budget while buying presents, making plans with loved ones, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I’m the opposite of the Grinch, but sometimes you just need some time to yourself to recharge.
Here are twenty-six simple ways you can do just that:
- Get a good night’s rest.
- Close your eyes and breathe in deeply.
- Stretch your body and feel your tense muscles loosen.
- Clean out your inbox.
- Create a list of things you were grateful for today; it’ll help you look at things in a positive light.
- Have a heart-to-heart talk with your partner or best friend.
- Call your family and tell them you miss them if they are far away.
- Drink some herbal tea.
- Go to the gym and work off your stress.
- Plan your next trip.
- Check out a free yoga class in your area.
- Take a hot shower.
- Talk about your stressors to someone positive.
- Take a power nap.
- Turn up the music and dance in your home.
- Press your accupressure stress points.
- Wake up early so you can get more done in the mornings.
- Volunteer for a cause.
- Take a walk.
- Do something nice for others, such as cooking a nice meal for your boyfriend or friends.
- Take a walk and listen to an inspiring Podcast.
- Meditate on your own at home.
- Send a kind-hearted thank you note, letter, email or even a thoughtful text to another person in your life who just deserves it.
- Do something creative.
- Clean out your emails.