In less than three weeks I’ll be back in New York.
Three weeks! I’m still in shock that I’ll be spending a month interning for an incredible publication while enjoying the benefits of spending the holidays in Manhattan.
If I didn’t have finals to prepare for or projects to do, I’d already have my suitcases packed and headed to LaGuardia Airport right now.
There’s already so much to do in the city already, I don’t want to waste any time while I’m there, which is why I’ve started my holiday bucket list. Because what better time to be in Manhattan than during the most wonderful time (yes, I can be that cheesy sometimes) of the year?
Winter In the City Bucket List:
- Ice skating in Central Park. Any park. You can’t get more classic than that.
- Visiting the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.
- Participating in SantaCon. Bar hopping plus Santa suits? Done and done.
- Cruising the department store windows displays. And then (hours later) apologizing to my bank account when I’ll ultimately see something and want to go inside “just for a peek.”
- Seeing the various themed shows/films. For instance, the IFC Center is playing It’s a Wonderful Life and spoiler alert: I’ve never seen it. Also, despite my traumatic experience of my short-term career as a ballerina (my 6-year-old self couldn’t master a split), I really really want to go see the New York City Ballet perform The Nutcracker. On that note, I cannot forget about The Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
- Sipping hot chocolate at The City Bakery. Hand to God, the best hot cocoa in Manhattan.
- Catching up with friends. Preferably at the said place above.
- Snow…ball fights.
Any ideas to add to my list?
NYC Girl in Pearls