I have to say, I think I actually did a pretty good job at keeping this past year’s resolutions. To be honest, I find myself surrounded by quite a few people who inspire me on a daily basis, near and far, who encouraged me to keep going. I feel like I’m in a really good spot in my life right now, so I’m just thanking my lucky stars for such a wonderful year and hoping 2017 matches up!
2017 NYE Resolutions:
- Stop making excuses. Point blank period.
- Be honest. If you’re not feeling well, let your friend or boyfriend know ASAP so that you don’t end up going to out to dinner, not being able to eat anything while counting down the minutes till you can run back to your bed.
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Stay healthy. This is always a go-to, but really try to eat healthier, get plenty of sleep and exercise. The benefits are truly endless.
- Add more to that 401k!
- Ask for a raise. Because, #adulting.
- Travel, travel and more travel. I can’t believe Matt actually said yes to spending NYE in freezing cold Toronto, but you can only imagine how happy it makes me to continue my tradition of spending every NYE in a new country – even if it’s only an hour plane ride away – it still counts 😉
- Write a book. Yes, really.
- Network like crazy! Coffee dates, informational meetings, etc.
- Increase the quantity and quality of my blog content.
- Volunteer for a worthwhile cause.
- Find joy in every moment. There is always a reason to be grateful.
- Get back on Duolingo.
- Take better care of my skin. I get away with a lot, but that won’t last forever.
- Eliminate distractions.
- Do more for the ones I love – write letters, make meals and send flowers.
- Keep planning more adventures. Life is too short.
- Be patient. The best things in life take time, right?
- Be kinder to myself. Remember: you can only do the best you can.
- Never give up on hope. Positivity is infectious.
Cheers to 2017, y’all!