A while back, I was contacted by Cowan Introductions asking if I would like to partner with them for a post. Although I was hesitant at first, I’ll admit I’m a little curious about this whole matchmaking process. Not to mention, as a single girl in New York City – with a number of other single female friends – I figured it couldn’t hurt to look into. Especially with “cuddle season” approaching.
I’m no longer shocked it took six seasons of Sex & the City for Carrie Bradshaw to find love in the big city.
While finding out more about Cowan Introductions, I actually ended up finding out what it actually took to be a matchmaker. Lorene Cowan started her own company after working in life coaching, which duties included helping clients builds stronger relationships. You can actually get certified to be a matchmaker which Ms. Cowan decided to do once she saw that she could provide a more personalized service from the company she originally was working for.
Born and raised in New York City, she understood the pitfalls that came with dating while working in such a competitive and hectic environment.
“I found that match making styles could be seen as dated and old. So I continued to talk to professional men and women ti determine what they wanted and needed that the industry lacked.” said Cowan, “My ‘mock dating’ approach along with the continuos feedback throughout the process allows me to have genuine relationships with all of my clients showing them how important their growth is to me.”
Originally Cowan started out with her network of friends and colleagues, but she was soon receiving referrals.
But how does it work exactly? I had Cowan take me step-by-step.
1. The initial consultation and evaluation of the client.
2. From there, Cowan Introductions searches their database for a potential partner (in case your soul mate has been looking, too).
3. Ms. Cowan then schedules a mandatory meeting with the client to see if they are really ready and open to a relationship. This next step involves a mock date to test their dating skills. Don’t sweat it though; if the client is in need of a few pointers or makeovers, a stylist is there to help.
4. The date, pre-planned to perfection.
5. Post-date chat with Cowan. This is where she deciphers what steps should be taken next.
6. Happy ending, or repeat. I’m betting on the first scenario.
“I love what I do and more than anything I love making a difference in the lives of others. Connecting two people that belong together has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done.”
— Lorene Cowan
As a courtesy, any of my readers who sign up for free to be considered for membership are entered into a drawing for a free relationship seminar. That’s right: a free seminar from a top matchmaker herself. You just have to register here by November 1st and mention me in the message. Alright New Yorkers, what are you waiting for?
So if you’re curious and single, sign up here.
NYC Girl in Pearls