After a series of sporadic thunderstorms, combined with endless heat and humidity, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t ready for some fall weather.
Or at least any type of climate change that would allow me to wear any of my long-sleeved button downs or boots without regret. Autumn is by far my favorite time of the year, and even though I should be celebrating the last day of summer, I’m already counting down the hours for the new season.
Reasons to Get Excited for Fall:
- Layering, layering and more layering. Whether it be an extra vest, scarf or cardigan, it instantly adds a punch to your ensemble. I’m still clearly not over leopard, hence the alice + olivia scarf.
- FOOTWEAR. Riding boots. Ankle boots. Heeled boots. Suede or leather, I’m all for it.
- Pumpkin spiced-anything (thanks again, Starbucks, for your lattes) – especially homemade muffins and pies.
- …And on that note: Hot apple cider and hot chocolate. Hold the ice, please.
- COATS. I’m currently coveting this Elizabeth and James Valentia coat. And for good reason – how comfortable, yet effortlessly timeless, does it look?
- Hayrides and apple-picking.
- Holidays: Starting with Halloween (costumes, candy and fun, what else could you ask for?) and ending with Thanksgiving, which then leads you to even more celebrations to come!
- New colors: browns, navies, purples, greens – I’ve been eyeing the newest nail lacquers to get me in the mood for the upcoming season. Especially this set called Cocoa Crazed by Le Metier De Beaute. Earrings, too – I adore these navy Swell Caroline Celtic earrings!
- Brightly-leaves. Jump in while you have the chance.
- TIGHTS. Black is the staple and goes with anything.
- Cool runs anytime of the day.
- New candles. Yes, I’m excited for new scents, especially the new fall fragrance ones from Bath & Body Works.
- Bonfires and blankets.
What are you most looking forward to?
NYC Girl in Pearls