If you remember my summer bucket list, I wanted to really get back into reading more. Here’s my list of top picks for your night stand or beach towel this season:
- The Girls by Emma Cline: Gir A coming-of-age story set in the late 1960s, that involves a thoughtful teenage girl who drifts into a cult.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld: A modern-day twist on Pride & Prejudice. Did I mention the Elizabeth Bennet is a writer for a fashion magazine? Hands down, hilarious.
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub: The story of a close-knit group of college friends in New York City who try to embrace their youth as they continue to grow up, even well into their adulthood.
- Sweetbitter: A Novel by Stephanie Danler: Another coming-of-age tale of a girl taking in the education of working in one of the most exclusive restaurants in Manhattan.
- First Comes Love: A Novel by Emily Giffin: A compelling read about the complex relationship between a pair of sisters who are forced to come to terms with their own lives after a family tragedy.
- The Assistants by Camille Perri: Featuring a group of (you’ve guessed it) underpaid assistants, the story follows 30-year-old Tina as she discovers a technical error in her boss’s expenses that could pay off her student loans and the moral dilemna she is soon faces as the other assistants learn about the error.
- Rich and Pretty: A Novel by Ramaan Alam: Set in New York City, lifetime friends Sarah and Lauren are faced with being seperated by increasingly different lives. The question on both of their minds? Can their childhood formed friendship survive the realms of adulthood?
What have you been reading lately?