I know I’ve heard the phrase, “can you believe it’s already fall?” issued a number of times this week and yet I still don’t know where time (or summer) has gone!
Regardless, I’m beyond thrilled for my favorite season of the year – fall foliage, that extra breeze in the air, pumpkin everything, cozy sweaters, multiple viewings of Hocus Pocus, zero chances of humidity… the list goes on and on. And there is so much happening, too! We’re still in fashion week* (it’s actually a month when you include all of the cities – New York, London, Milan and Paris – shows are currently in Milan), weekend trips are being planned, plane tickets have been booked for Thanksgiving and Christmas, holiday invitations are already being sent out… there’s definitely a lot coming down the pipeline that I’m excited to share with y’all.
I feel like with every season there’s an extra inclination to reflect on the past season while picturing the future. It’s important to not only see the progress of our goals, but to realize if some need to be altered or even added accordingly.
Here’s what I’m hoping to focus on this season:
- Work – I’ve been with my new company for about a month now (!) and loving it. I have a great team with challenging and creative opportunities everywhere – what more could a girl want? However, I would really like to fine-tune some of my responsibilities and communicating with my coworkers as efficiently and thoroughly as possible.
- Health – Should we all share a moment of silence for the end of rosé season? After a busy summer of travel and more lobster rolls than I care to admit, I’m looking forward to getting back in shape at my favorite boxing gym and runs. I know that sentence sounds super optimistic after a lag in my workout routine, and I may be low-key dreading the thought of getting back to the level I use to be, but in the end the results are beyond worth it.
- Writing – I love writing. I don’t think I would still have a blog if I didn’t (this is my second one technically – I started my first one when I moved to New York City for the first time at 19 while I interned for a semester at Seventeen Magazine). Working on posting more regularly without it taking away from my other responsibilities would be a major goal. Also, writing in general. I have a few projects on my mind TBD.
- Spending quality time wisely – If I’ve learned anything this year, the group of people you surround yourself in your twenties is incredibly significant – I could not be more blessed with the inspiring people in my life. Being present and just having that bonding time to check-in, exchange stories/ideas (or binge watch Stranger Things) is essential. Looking at things now, I am much more capable with saying “no” to activity that I’m not interested in without the fear of FOMO (is that still a thing?) or know is not in line with my goals. FaceTiming with an out-of-state friend, seeing a concert at Lincoln Center or trying a new restaurant with Matt sounds much more appealing on Wednesday night than a mid-week happy hour.
- Reading – I feel like I’m constantly checking my email for new content. Whether it be a news update from The Skimm or BOF, or a clever advertisement from J.Crew with a great design, I always want to keep my mind open for new ideas. I’m also reading three books at once (#nosurprise) again, because there’s just so much out there. I seriously praise Amazon daily for the amount of books I can order at the click of a mouse.
- Style – Thank goodness boot season is finally here. I’m pretty sure I stocked up on autumn/winter staples last year, but I really want to edit out the pieces that don’t fit, are completely worn out or just aren’t my style anymore. Also, as much as I admire people who can pull off all of the seasons trends, I know that I don’t have to try to pull off all of them, too – at the end of the day, you have to be true to your personal style. I do not foresee me exchanging my pearls anytime soon, but I would like to incorporate more navy and burgundy into my outfits this fall… and I did fall hard for this on-trend choker dress for evenings out on the town with my girls.
- Learning – More and more I find myself watching tutorials on say a trick on InDesign or an inspiring podcast (Lori Harder’s Earn Your Happiness is at the top of my list! I seriously love her interview choices) and I doubt that will slow down any time soon.
- Pushing the barriers of my comfort zone even more – It could be as little as cooking a new dish or booking my first solo trip… more on that last one later 😉
What are you looking to working on this fall? Any tweaked or added goals? I’m looking forward to hearing from y’all!
We’re already on day four of New York Fashion Week and it’s been a complete rush (have you seen my latest Instagram stories lately?). I’ve barely had enough time to read, let alone sleep or finish a complete sentence. Regardless, the experience all worth it and I did happen to come across these gems while walking around the city.
If you’re here for fashion week, or even following along online, let me know which shows you’ve enjoyed the most so far!